W4GF is calling for participants for its upcoming workshop……
We are now looking to mobilise more nominations from community based advocates as the basis of the workshop is designed to build a strong and diverse range of gender equality advocates – especially key affected women, women living with HIV, and affected by TB and malaria – to engage in Global Fund processes. So we’d be grateful if you could share or share again!!!
To have the greatest impact on forthcoming Global Fund Concept Notes we will be prioritizing the following countries:
- Central African Republic (CAR)
Our hope is to bring together 3 people from each country listed, especially women living with HIV, transgender and gender-sensitive men. We hope to gather a diverse group of participants – from a range of communities in the Francophone region. We want to avoid having “the usual suspects”, and to work to broaden beyond those who are already involved in the Global Fund, partnering them with people who are already engaged but may be less engaged in gender activism.
We are looking for people, especially women who:
- Are interested in the Global Fund, know about the Global Fund and are aware of what is happening in their own country;
- Are interested in gender equality and women’s rights – and are committed to working on this in their own country or globally;
- Have experience working in HIV/TB/malaria, especially on advocacy – at country, regionally or globally;
- Are committed to continuing this work after the workshop;
- Have experience working with country processes and connected to civil society in their own countries;
- Have ability to influence country processes and/or are connected to the global level advocacy;
- Some should be living with HIV, have had TB or malaria, or know and represent people with TB and malaria;
- We are committed to ensure diversity across the women supported, including young women and key affected women including transgender people, sex workers, women who use drugs.
I’m attaching the flyer for the workshop here, in both French and English. The flyer gives you more information.
The deadline for nominations is this Friday 3rd October, those interested must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd October telling us:
– Who you are? Please include: Your name, Country, Organisation, Affiliations
– Why you want to come to this workshop?
– Why is the Global Fund important to you? What is your experience in he Global Fund or around gender?
– Are you openly living with HIV or have lived with TB?
– Do you identify with a key population?
(this information is strictly confidential and will not be shared with others.)
Please note that submitting an application does NOT guarantee a place at the workshop as numbers are limited. After we have received nominations they will then be put forward to an independent selection panel.
For more information , please visit W4GF website : http://women4gf.org/