Do you know a young person affected by HIV / AIDS?
Do they have the skills, knowledge and passion to inspire other young people to take action?
Then we want to hear from you!
Youth Stop AIDSis looking for a young, passionate speaker from the Global South to join us on our annual Youth Stop AIDS Speaker Tour in the UK.
Over three weeks our speakers will tour 15-20 UK universities, helping bring to life the issues behind the HIV/AIDS pandemic by telling their personal story to students, young people and decision-makers, and inspiring them to take action. We believe there is nothing more powerful than hearing the true-life stories of people affected by these diseases, and the failings of the system, to motivate people to take action and change this reality.
Youth Stop AIDS‘ network of young people across the UK speak out, take creative action and engage those in power to ensure that governments, global institutions and corporations are committed to ending AIDS by 2030. By telling their story on the Youth Stop AIDS’ Speaker Tour, the two speakers will inspire and motivate our network to continue taking action and campaigning to end AIDS.
Attached to this email is the International Speaker Role Description – which provides full details of the role and responsibilities for the international speaker from the Global South – and the International Speaker Application Form for the role.
Applications must be emailed to Anna email@example.com Sunday 15th November 2015.
We have contacted you because we believe your networks may include young people that would be perfect for this opportunity.
We want to ensure as many young people as possible hear about this role and have the chance to apply. We’d love you to help us do this by sharing this opportunity with your networks and young people that you work with. You can do this by:
- Sharing this email and the attached documents with your networks, encouraging young people to apply for the role
- Share the opportunity on your organisation’s Facebook and Twitter, using the suggested messaging and the image attached to this email:
- 18-32? Affected by #HIV or #AIDS? Apply for the International Speaker role on the @Youth_StopAIDS UK Speaker Tour:http://bit.ly/1XohfHW
- Share your experience of #HIV/AIDS & inspire others to take action! Apply to speak on @Youth_StopAIDS’ Speaker Tour: http://bit.ly/1XohfHW
- .@Youth_StopAIDS is recruiting a young person from the Global South to speak on their UK Speaker Tour. Apply here:http://bit.ly/1XohfHW
et in Tou
If you or a young person you work with have any questions about the application process or the role, please get in touch with Anna firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Courtesy : Youth Stop AIDS